EM Events Calendar
For the week of 06/19/17 – 06/25/17 (2nd week after Pentecost)
What will we eat, drink, and wear? The world is obsessed with answering such questions. Jesus counters by asking whether or not we are more precious than birds that eat despite never working and fields of grass dressed with flowers. We also saw that Jesus encourages us to relate to God as Jesus does, as Father. Our Father knows we are His precious children. We have but to claim our identity with the help of brother Jesus, Father God, and counselor Spirit.
Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, or about your body, what you will wear. - Matthew 6:25
*** KPCOW NEWS ***
• There was an EM Town Meeting last Sunday to discuss the EM worship space/time. It was good to have many EMers in attendance to ask questions and voice their opinions. At the end of the meeting, the hypothetical question was posed: "If we were to vote today on an option, which would you choose?" These results will be presented to the Session for consideration. Out of the 17 people who voted, these are the results:
• The Summer Retreat Registration will begin this Sunday, June 25. DEADLINE for registration is July 16!
The 2017 Summer Retreat will be at the Honor's Haven Resort from August 4-6.
Retreat Fee: about $50 per person
about $100 per family
Our hope is that financial issues are not a reason that prevents any members from attending. Therefore, we ask that members give the amount that they are able to give. However, we humbly ask that members experiencing a season of plenty, give generously to help cover the cost of this blessed event. This is a beautiful tradition of hospitality that has been going on since the first retreat many years ago.
The guest speaker for the Summer Retreat will be Dr. Michael Gillern, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Counseling at the Alliance Graduate School of Counselilng. Please click the link to be taken to Dr. Gillern's CV
• Last Saturday's marriage seminar: Becoming A Sign and Wonder in Your Marriage was a blessed time for the many who attended. Thanks to Annie & Byung Soh who took the initiative to bring this meaningful education to our community. There will be a follow-up survey in short time for all who attended. Please be on the look out.
• All members are encouraged to sign up for the STM Intercessory Prayer. Please signup to demonstrate your commitment to pray and be an encouragement! The signup sheet is at the Welcoming Table.
• If you are so moved to participate in STM: Peru via donations, the STM Team is collecting the following items/funds to purchse:
- School backpacks: for all ages (children and teens)
- School supplies: pens, pencils, crayons, notebooks
- New or lightly worn baby and toddler clothes
- Toys and games
• The KPCOW Knitting Class Fundraiser collected $1,605 from the generous members of KPCOW. Thanks to all who took the time to make the goods as well as those who purchased them!
• There will be a Special Praise Night/Testimony (in Korean) by Missionary KwangHee Lee on Saturday, July 15 in the Sanctuary. All are welcome to attend.
• Thanks to the KM Women's Group for preparing the special Father's Day lunch and showing their love and care for our community!
*** TODDLER'S CLASS ***
*** CHILDREN'S CHURCH ***
• Please pray for the VBS to be held from August 23-26 and the following individuals and their roles/tasks:
Executive Coordinator: Elisha Yoon
Music Coordinator: Ellen Chang
YG Staff Coordinator: Christine Bae
PTA Coordinator: Joon Chung
Arts & Crafts: Julienne Park
Children's Message: Jonah So
Cinema/Service Project: Sooa Chin
Decoration/Stage Craft: TBA
Fundraising: Annie Soh
Games: Sunjoo Chung
Imagination/Body Worship: Sharon Chung
Lunch: Sohyun Choe
Snacks: Jane Jung-Kim
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
*** KOREAN SCHOOL ***
• The Korean School Spring Term is now in session and meets on Sundays at 1:15 PM in the CC Worship Room.
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY ***
) if you are interested in being a Sunday Service Participant (Usher or Prayer) or if there is a scheduling conflict.
- North (Michael Baek): June 18 (every 3rd Sunday of the month*)
*indicates typical meeting schedule
• Weekly Bible Study is suspended indefinitely.
• The 2017 Summer Retreat will be at the Honor's Haven Resort & Spa from August 4-6. Please reserve these dates in advance!
• STM Peru (July 8-15): Please pray for the training and the participants.
Leader: Rev. Jonah So
• Prayer Requests:
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
*** PRAYER ***
• Pray for:
-Interim Pastor Rev. Jae Heung Chung's Ministry at KPCOW
*** A LOOK AHEAD ***
---->Link to KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15
*** FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM
*** CHURCH INFORMATION ***
Korean Presbyterian Church of
Interim Pastor (Senior Pastor): Search Process
• KPCoW Staff days off:
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY CONTACTS ***