EM Events Calendar
News & Announcements
For the week of 2/13/18 (1st Week of Lent)
Please view our Calendar for Upcoming Meetings & Events.
Sermon Info from 02/11/18:
The transfiguration revealed to Peter a glimpse of who Jesus really is. It was both awe inspiring and confusing. Jesus even hushed the witnesses, delaying them from speak of it to others. A transfiguration event in a believer’s life gives a glimpse of what, or better yet, who it is all about. The transfiguration event lasts just for a moment, but afterward it changes everything; especially when we tell others about it.
*** KPCOW NEWS & ANNOUNCEMENTS ***
• A Mission Statement and Goals Survey will be released next week. Please complete the survey prayerfully and promptly. This survey will be used by the Mission Study Group to create a mission statement for KPCOW, which is a part of the process for the next pastoral call.
• ONLINE GIVING IS HERE! KPCOW is excited to announce that you can now manage your giving online or via app! Giving online or via the app is easy and allows you to set up automatic recurring contributions and view your complete online giving history from anywhere you have access to the Internet or your mobile device. To give online, please visit the church website at www.kpcow.org and click on the Give Now button (or go directly to kpcow.org/give). To give via app, go to the App Store or Google Play, search for and download “GivePlus Church”, and then enter church name or tap Find Churches (search for “Korean Presbyterian Church of Westchester”).
• There will be a Service of Dedication for all active Officers next Sunday during worship.
The Music Ministry of the KPCOW EM is creating a Chamber Choir to lead the congregation in times of hymns and praise. Any and all with a passion for music and the heart to serve are welcome! Please contact Music Director Ellen or a member of the Worship Committee if you are interested. The deadline to sign up is .
*** PRAYER ***
• Please pray for:
-New YG Co-Directors: Rev. Dr. Teresa Ko-Davis & Dr. Richard Davis
• The RCG meeting dates can be found on the KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15.
• Thank you to the KM Men's Group for providing the food for Sunday's Lunar New Year Refreshments.
• The Mission Committee will be collecting coins for Change for Change for the month of February. If you need a coin bank for collection, please see Deacon Il-Sung Ko or Deacon Choongsun Kim.
• Bible Study will start on Feb 21st. It will meet on Wednesdays from 8-9pm in the Conference Room. Ellen Chang JDSN will teach a study from the Letter to the Hebrews.
• Education Committee meets on the 3rd of every month in the Shalom Room from Please note: for Feb 18th's meeting, the Education Committee will meet in the Library.
• Save the Date!
MARRIAGE SEMINAR: "Forgiveness and Affirmation"
• Save the Date!
PARENTING SEMINAR: "Foundations of Parenting and Education"
Speaker: Min Hwang, founder of Women’s Hope Center in Korea.
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
• Saturday Night Fellowship (SNF) is on Saturdays from 6:00PM-8:30 PM.
BUILDING AND GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
* FOR YOUR INFORMATION *
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM community.
• The Edward and In-Aie Kang Foundation has announced a SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY for Korean-American college and grad school students! 10 applicants will be awarded a $5,000 scholarship. Deadline is February 15th. Please see www.edwardkangfoundation.org for more information.