EM Events Calendar
For the week of 10/16/17 – 10/22/17 (19th week after Pentecost)
Thanks to Rev. Daniel Yang for the encouraging Word to stay enaged and journey on.
For our struggle is not against enemies of blood and flesh, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers of this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. - Ephesians 6:12
*** NOTICE of Congregational Meeting ***
• There will be a Congregational Meeting for the Election of Officers on Sunday, October 29 in the Sanctuary immediately following the KM 2 worship service (~12:30 PM). All KPCOW active members should attend.
*** KPCOW NEWS ***
• Join us for Midweek Worship this Wednesday at 8 PM in the CC Worship Room!
• The Education Committee is conducting a survey to determine what kind of seminar would be interesting for our members. Please click on this link or copy and paste the address to answer one question on the survey:
• The KPCOW community weclomed the following new members last week: EM - Sam Bae, Susan Lee, Jisun & John Chan (Timothy, Allen) / KM - Jisun Kim, MinSun & DonShik Min, Elina Lee (MinHee Kang, Daniel, Samuel, Davin), KumYul & JinGohn Choi.
• The KPCOW Community generously donated $11,388 for the sake of hurricane disaster relief! The funds will be sent to the Presbyterian Disaster Assistance (PDA) through the Hudson River Presbytery.
• The Change-for-Change Collection in September gathered $791! Thanks again to all who gathered to help sort, count, and deposit the funds. This fund will go to the PDA.
• There will be a Summer Retreat Task Force Meeting this Sunday, October 22 from 1-3 PM. The first hour will be an open forum and all members of KPCOW are invited to share their thoughts. The second hour will be a time for the Task Force to process the gathered information. The Session created the Task Force to study the vision and future of the event. The Task Force is comprised of 2 pastors, 1 Session rep, and a representative from of each of the groups of KPCOW: Pastors - Jonah So & Jun Lee, Session Rep - Jill Kim, KM Men's Group Rep - Myung Sup Choi, KM Women's Group Rep - In Kyung Chang, Hope Group Rep - Ok Sun Jung, KYAC Rep - Joyce Lee, YAC Rep - Hana Chang, YG Rep - John Lee, YG PTA Rep - So Hyun Choe
• Sunday, October 29 is Stewardship Sunday. All KPCOW members are encouraged to prayerfully plan and submit their generous pledges for 2018.
• The Korean School brings you: Make Kimchi Fellowship! Learn to make kimchi by following a hands-on session led by KM and Korean School instructors. Class 1 will be in the Social Hall on Saturday, November 4 from 6-8 PM where we will prepare the marinade and cabbage (fellowship with dinner served). Class 2 will be in the Social Hall on Sunday, November 5 from 1:30-3:30 PM where we will make the kimchi and take it home. Participation in both classes is encouraged but not required. Everyone. Under 18 free. Adults $10. All parents are encouraged to register with their children. But any child participating without a registered parent will be accompanied by an adult volunteer. Register is required with Andrew Yi (EM) or Moonsook Lee (KM) by October 22.
• The KM Women's Group will be holding a Curry Rice Bazaar as their annual fundraiser during refreshments. All are encouraged to generously donate to help the Women's Group fulfill their call to mission in 2018!
• Thanks to Deacons Misoo & Byungki Kim for providing their refreshments in celebration of their son's, Andrew, wedding and thereby showing their love and care for our community!
• Congratulations to Deacon Yangsook & Elder John Kim who welcomed their grandson, Michaiah Minoo Kim, on Friday, October 13! Let us keep the family in prayer.
• Audio Visual Team Volunteer Opportunity: Click on the link to sign up to serve the community! http://www.signupgenius.com/
*** TODDLER'S CLASS ***
*** CHILDREN'S CHURCH ***
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
*** KOREAN SCHOOL ***
• Korean School meets on Sundays at 1:15 PM in the Children's Church Worship Room.
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY ***
) if you are interested in being a Sunday Service Participant (Usher or Prayer) or if there is a scheduling conflict.
• The RCGs will meet EVERY 2nd Sunday of the month and be moved to the 3rd Sunday on long weekends.
2017-18 RCG Leaders:
• Weekly Bible Study is suspended indefinitely.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
*** PRAYER ***
• Pray for:
-Interim Pastor Rev. Jae Heung Chung's Ministry at KPCOW
*** A LOOK AHEAD ***
---->Link to KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15
*** FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM
• Hudson River Presbytery is offering a tuituion-free training and education conference on Saturday, October 28 at Stony Point Center. Please click on this link to register: Hudson River University Registration
Some of the courses offered at the conference include:
The only cost is $10 for lunch if you wish to eat at Stony Point. All are REALLY encouraged to attend! GO AND GROW spiritually!!!
*** CHURCH INFORMATION ***
Korean Presbyterian Church of
Rev. Jae H. Chung (Interim Pastor): 919.412.9151
• KPCoW Staff days off:
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY CONTACTS ***