EM Events Calendar
For the week of 08/14/17 – 08/20/17 (10th week after Pentecost)
In the midst of walking on water, a phenomenon that shows the infinite power of the Lord, the wind and waves can avert our eyes from the one who calls us to walk on water with Him, Jesus Christ. Although we may sink, there is a hand that lifts us.
"But when he noticed the strong wind, he became frightened, and beginning to sink, he cried out, 'Lord, save me!' Jesus immediately reached out his hand and caught him, saying to him, 'You of little faith, why did you doubt?'" - Matthew 14:30-31
*** KPCOW NEWS ***
• The sermons from the 2017 Summer Retreat: Finding Freedom in Faith by Dr. Michael Gillern, Assistant Professor of Pastoral Counseling at the Alliance Graduate School of Counselling, are now posted on the EM website:
Friday Night Worship - Romans 8:1-4 / Freedom from Judgement: Victory over the Law. Look back. Christ died for me. No condemnation!
• Friday Night was Midnight Run. Thank you to all those who participated and donated goods!
• This Sunday, August 20, there will NOT be a Teacher's Service at 10:15 AM.
• Volunteer to help with VBS decorations at church on Saturday, August 19 starting at 10:00 AM and Sunday, August 20 starting at 2:30 PM.
• VBS Station Leader and Youth Group Volunteers will meet on Sunday, August 20 at 1:30 PM in the CC Worship Room.
• This year’s Vacations Bible School (VBS) will be from Wednesday, August 23 through Saturday, August 26. The theme is “Maker Fun Factory: Created by God, Built for a Purpose.” Sessions will run from 9:30 AM to 2:45 PM. VBS is open to elementary-age children who have completed kindergarten and above. Registration is $30 for first child and $20 for each additional child. If you have any questions, please contact Pastor Elisha.
• The Retreat Review meeting will be on Sunday, August 20 at 1:30 PM in the Guild Room.
• Announcing: Wednesday Worship! This is a weekly midweek serice of worship and prayer on Wednesdays at 8 PM in the Children's Church Room. Moreover, on the first Wednesdays of the month, the EM will lead a joint worship with the KM in English at the Sanctuary. All are warmly invited!
*** TODDLER'S CLASS ***
*** CHILDREN'S CHURCH ***
• Please pray for the VBS to be held from August 23-26 and the following individuals and their roles/tasks:
Executive Coordinator: Elisha Yoon
Music Coordinator: Ellen Chang
YG Staff Coordinator: Christine Bae
PTA Coordinator: Joon Chung
Arts & Crafts: Julienne Park
Children's Message: Jonah So
Cinema/Service Project: Sooa Chin
Decoration/Stage Craft: TBA
Fundraising: Annie Soh
Games: Sunjoo Chung
Imagination/Body Worship: Sharon Chung
Lunch: Sohyun Choe
Snacks: Jane Jung-Kim
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
*** KOREAN SCHOOL ***
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY ***
) if you are interested in being a Sunday Service Participant (Usher or Prayer) or if there is a scheduling conflict.
The RCGs will be on summer break during July and August and resume in September.
• Weekly Bible Study is suspended indefinitely.
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
*** PRAYER ***
• Pray for:
-Interim Pastor Rev. Jae Heung Chung's Ministry at KPCOW
*** A LOOK AHEAD ***
---->Link to KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15
*** FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM
*** CHURCH INFORMATION ***
Korean Presbyterian Church of
Rev. Jae H. Chung (Interim Pastor): 919.412.9151
• KPCoW Staff days off:
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY CONTACTS ***