EM Events Calendar
For the week of 12/04/17 – 12/10/17 (1st Week of Advent)
Advent is a season of preparation. Preparation determines how we will receive Jesus. Today’s Scripture reminds us that “Nothing will be impossible with God.” In order to accept this, Mary needed preparation. The way God prepares us for the all-too familiar season of Advent might surprise us.
And now, your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son; and this is the sixth month for her who was said to be barren. For nothing will be impossible with God. - Luke 1:36-37
*** KPCOW NEWS ***
• Advent is a time that allows us to prepare our hearts for the coming of the Christ. Preparation builds anticipation. Anticipation brings the fullness of joy on Christmas when we remember the gift of God’s son to all of humanity. Here is the link to a short but informative video of what Advent is.
• This Sunday, home-grown missionary, Rev. Paul Lee will share the Word with the EM. He will give a presentation about his mission ministry in Cambodia from 1-2 PM in the Guild Room. All members are urged to attend so that we may better learn and pray for this ministry which this community faithfully supports.
• On Sunday, December 24, KPCOW will celebrate Christmas as a community by combining the regular Sunday Worship and the Christmas Eve Candlelight Worship into one church-wide Joint Service of Christmas Worship at 11:20 AM in the Sanctuary. All are invited!
• The 2018 STM: Peru will be from July 7-14. The ministry site will be at The School for the Deaf in San Marin, Peru. Applications will be made available on Sunday, December 10. The deadline for registration is January 14. The financial obligation for a KPCOW member is $500. The minimum age is 16 by July 6, 2018. Please prayerfully consider attending!
• There will be a Mission Committee Meeting this Saturday, December 9, at 5 PM in the Social Hall. 2017 STM members are invited to join the dinner at 6 PM in the Social Hall.
• There will be an Officer's Meeting this Sunday, December 10, at 2:30 PM in the Guild Room.
• The EM New Officer Training Retreat is this Sunday, December 10 from 3-10 PM in the Seminar Room.
• There will be a Joint Service for the Ordination & Installation of Church Officers on Sunday, December 17, at 11:20 AM in the Sanctuary. The officer's who will be ordained/installed:
• There will be a Teacher's Christmas Dinner on Friday, December 15 at 6 PM in the Guild Room. All TC, CC, YG, KS teachers are warmly invited to attend.
• There will be a Potluck YG Christmas Party on Saturday, December 16 from 6-9 PM hosted at Deborah and Sang Lee's home.
• There will be a CC Christmas Party on Saturday, December 23 at 5 PM in the Guild Room. Students will make/decorate gingerbread houses!
• Thanks to RCG East for providing the Sunday refreshments and demonstrating their love and care for the community!
• Registration for Baptism (adult or infant) is open. Please register with Deacon Mina Kim or Deacon Jane Jung-Kim. The Parent's Baptism Class is on Sunday, December 17. Please sign up with Deacon Mina Kim.
*** TODDLER'S CLASS ***
*** CHILDREN'S CHURCH ***
*** YOUTH GROUP ***
*** KOREAN SCHOOL ***
• Korean School meets on Sundays at 1:15 PM in the Children's Church Worship Room.
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY ***
) if you are interested in being a Sunday Service Participant (Usher or Prayer) or if there is a scheduling conflict.
• The RCGs will meet EVERY 2nd Sunday of the month and be moved to the 3rd Sunday on long weekends.
2017-18 RCG Leaders:
BUILDINGS & GROUNDS
• There is extra church parking in the adjacent municipal parking lot on Sundays. (There is free parking on Sundays and holidays.) We may park in the spot with the sign: “Pay by license plate #.” Please do not park in the numbered permit parking spots. The apartment complex is very active in towing unauthorized cars.
*** PRAYER ***
• Pray for:
-YG Director search process
*** A LOOK AHEAD ***
---->Link to KPCoW Calendar: http://goo.gl/FaYR15.
*** FOR YOUR INFORMATION ***
*Information in this section is not necessarily endorsed by KPCOW. This information is being passed on as a possible benefit to the KPCOW EM
*** CHURCH INFORMATION ***
Korean Presbyterian Church of Westchester
Rev. Jae H. Chung (Interim Pastor): 919.412.9151
• KPCoW Staff days off:
*** ENGLISH MINISTRY CONTACTS ***